This post is also available in: Indonesia
Catfish, who do not know this fish, this fish is already commonly found throughout the archipelago, living in fresh water. This fish is widely consumed because it tastes good if fried or grilled.
Because of its delicacy, this fish is often cultivated and indeed very profitable. Before we learn how to cultivate catfish first we check out the following catfish life conditions:
Catfish Pond Requirements
- Catfish can live at a temperature of 20 derajad Celsius with optimal temperatures between 25 to 28 C. As for the growth of larvae it is necessary a temperature range between 26 to 30*C and for spawning 24-28*C.
- The waters should not be polluted by industrial waste chemicals, mercury, or contain levels of oil and other materials that can kill catfish.
- Catfish can live in rather calm waters and their depth suffices despite poor water conditions, murky, dirty and contains only once the substance O2 (oxygen)
- Good waters contain a lot of the substances that fish need and the natural food ingredients of those waters are not flood-prone waters
- The surface of the water should not be tightly covered by garbage or living leaves (do not plant too many trees)
- has a maximum pH rate of 6.5-9 degrees (degrees of coarse granules) of a maximum of 100ppm and an optimal of 50 ppm, turbidity (turbidity) is not mud between 30-60 cm, the optimal o2 needs at a fairly wide range of 0.3 ppm for adults to saturated for burayak, and CO2 content is less than 12.8 mg/liter, ammonium bound 147.29-157.56 mg/liter.
How to Cultivate Catfish
Once we know the conditions of life needed for catfish cultivation, once it is fulfilled then we can start the cultivation of catfish. Here are the tips:
Get to know the catfish we’re about to cultivate
Get to know the catfish you cultivate, the type of food and also the type of fish. This is important to understand before cultivating catfish.
Prepare catfish pond
Prepare land for ponds. Then Dredge is at least 50 cm deep. Once the soil for the pond has been dredged, make a frame for tarpaulin catfish pond can use bamboo or special frame tarpaulin.
Make sure the position is precise with the soil wrinkles. Prepare the tarpaulin and put it in the pond of the catfish. Install the tarpaulin carefully and make sure that the tarpaulin does not leak. Next when you have made sure the tarpaulin is properly installed in the pond that has been dredged, enter the water and catfish of course.
Pool Water Preparation
The preparation of pond water is also mandatory and plays a very important role, because many diseases and high death rates of catfish are the cause due to unqualified water conditions, for example water PH, many catfish livestock entrepreneurs only know that a good PH uutuk catfish is between 7 to 8, but do not apply it.
This is very detrimental, especially in the business of cultivating catfish, do not spread catfish seeds with unqualified PH conditions, preferably use a PH gauge to be precise. Water can use water from any source, provided that iron levels are low. If pam water must be deposited first 1-3 days, so that the koporit evaporates.
The procedure of feeding catfish in catfish cultivation is very important, because feeding the wrong catfish can result in waste can also make catfish die.
Pick Up & Spread of Mother or Catfish Seeds
The process of retrieving & spreading the mother or seedlings of catfish in the cultivation of catfish must be done dangan properly, buy good seeds in a trusted place. After that the process of sending the brood should also be dangan the correct ways, and release the fish seeds the right way into the pond.
At the seeding stage there is also a sorting process, catfish seedlings that have been sorted according to their size will be sold or put in the next seed enlargement pool.
Catfish growers usually fast on catfish seeds before sorting, this is also done by catfish growers in the enlargement segment, catfish growers in the enlargement segment are usually indirectly fed to newly spread catfish seedlings for half a day, catfish seedlings that are scattered & directly fed are more susceptible to disease & death.