This post is also available in: Indonesia
There are several stages that you can follow and prove to be able to guarantee your success to start your small business online. I see many people who start and grow businesses online by doing the following;
1. Find the need and fill it.
2. Write to be able to sell.
3. Build an easy-to-use website.
4. Use search engines to drive traffic to your site.
5. Build a Reputation for Yourself.
6. Follow up your customers by e-mail.
7. Increase your sales through Backend and do Up Selling.
Anyone, from beginners to even experienced online businesses, can benefit from the process of learning how to start an online business.
Table of Contents
Find the need and fill it
Most people who are just starting a business make a mistake by first looking for a Product, and the second is Market.
To increase your chances of success, start with the Market. The way to find a group of people who are looking for a solution to the problem, but have not been able to find a solution. The Internet has made market research easier.
Visit the online Forum to see the questions and what problems are facing those who are trying to find a solution.
Do keywords or keywords to find what many people are looking for, but not many sites compete.
Check out your potential competitors by visiting the site and taking a little note of what they’re doing to be able to fill out the request. Then you can use what you learn and start making products for existing markets. Do better than your competitors.
Write to be able to sell
Proven by the review of formula milk products that bring visitors when they arrive at your site, they do a disapproval or transaction;
1. Generate interest with interesting titles.
2. Explain the problem with solving it from your product.
3. Build your credibility, as this troubleshooter.
4. Add testimonials from people who have used your product.
5. Review of the product and how it benefits the user.
7. Provide guarantees.
8. Create urgency.
9. Ask in selling.
You need to focus on how your product or service becomes unique and able to solve your customers’ problems. Think like a customer and ask “What’s the good thing for me?”
Build an easy-to-use website.
Once you have a market and products, it’s time for you to focus on the sales process, start designing your small business website. Remember to stay simple or user friendly. You have less than 6 seconds to be able to attract the attention of visitors, If they do not like it, they will leave and will not return. Here are important tips to do;
1. Select one or two plain fonts on the white background.
2. Make your navigation clear and simple, and the same on each page.
3. Use graphics, audio or video if your message increases.
4. Includes an opt-in offer so you can collect your e-mail address.
5. Make it easy to buy – no more than two clicks from potential customers and checkout.
6. Your website is your online store, so make it user friendly.
Use search engines to drive traffic to your site.
Use pay-per-click ads, this is the easiest way to get traffic to your site. it has two advantages over waiting for traffic to come organically. The two advantages are: #1. PPC ads appear on the search engine’s start page, and #2. PPC ads allow you to test different keywords or keywords.
Not only do you get traffic directly, but you can also use ad PPC to find the best, high-conversion keywords. Then you can distribute keywords across your site, which will help you rank in organic search results.
Building a Reputation for yourself.
Many people search for information using the Internet. Provide information for free to other sites, and you’ll see even better traffic and rankings in search engines. Include a link to your site from the information you provide on other sites.
Create other useful content for visitors for free. content through the online arikel directory or social media.
Follow up with your customers by e-mail
When you build an opt-in list, you create one of the most valuable assets of your online business. The customers have given you permission to send them an e-mail. That means:
1. You give them something they ask for.
2. You are developing a relationship with them, Customer Relationship.
3. The response is 100 percent tested.
4. E-mail Marketing, cheaper and more effective and targeted.
Whoever visitors your site and subscribes, there is no better tool than e-mail to be able to follow up with your potential or customers.
Increase your sales through backend and do Up Selling
One of the most important internet marketing strategies is to develop sales value forever to all customers. At least 37 percent of the people who have purchased the product from you, will buy back your product again. Making the first sale is a difficult thing – not to mention the expensive ones. So use Back-end and upselling so they buy back your product.
1. Offer products that complete their initial purchase.
2. Submit an electronic discount coupon, they can exchange on their next visit.
3. Offer related products on your “Thank You” page after they purchase.
4. Reward your customers for their loyalty and will become more loyal.
The development of the internet is so rapid. But the principles on how to start and develop a successful online business have not changed at all. If you’re just starting a small online business, do this step. If you’re already running an online business, do a quick review and see if there are steps you ignored, or never had time to do at the beginning of starting an online business. You can’t miss from the basics of starting an online business.