This post is also available in: Indonesia
As a business owner you are always on the lookout for ways to leverage your marketing dollar spends to increase the return for your business. Typically this return is in the form of more customers and increased sales. The world we live in today allows everyone to search for what they are looking for at the swipe of a finger and a click of a button. You’ve probably heard it a 1000 times about how SEO is important and you should be doing it. You know it’s important but there is a difference between realising it’s importance and making a serious investment to attempt to grow your traffic and potential customer base online. No matter what stage your business is in there are usually reasons why you should invest in SEO.
Here’s a list of specific reasons why your business should definitely consider investing in your organic SEO:
- It still works – Many SEO techniques like link-buildings still work. However, search engines are getting smarter. Google has made more than 45 updates to its search engine algorithm in the last three years. It is no secret that Google prefers good organic content, against content that is written only for the purpose of inserting keywords or getting back links.The Hummingbird algorithm looks at finding the meaning of a query instead of just returning results, which contain the keywords. If you can find a way to insert links into good content, than it is good SEO. In fact, the scope of SEO is expanding because audio and video searches are also dependent on text-based content.
- It is cost-effective –SEO is not an added cost. Consider it as an investment. Did you know that many searchers have learned to ignore PPC ads when they are making a query on Google or browsing a website? If you compare SEO to other kinds of online marketing like social media marketing, PPC advertising or buying leads for email marketing, then SEO is more cost-efficient. For example, Jupiter Research has found that 81 percent of those who land on a website reach it through a search engine query.The biggest benefit of SEO is that it brings better quality traffic. The leads that come to a website through a search engine tend to trust the website more.
- Search engines grabbing more market share – Somewhere between 80-90% of customers now check online reviews prior to making a purchase, and this number is only expected to increase. It won’t be long before virtually everyone is searching for products and services online. Do you want them to be able to locate your business, or not? Without organic SEO in place, people will have a very hard time finding you and will instead find your competitors.
- Rise of mobile bandwidth and local search optimization – Later this year, the amount of traffic delivered to mobile devices is expected to exceed that delivered to traditional desktop devices. With this dramatic explosion in mobile usage, a whole new world of effective SEO techniques have opened up for companies, such as local search optimization.
- Not having a healthy content profile is damaging – Every change that Google and other search engines make to their algorithm, changes how these search engine looks at websites. Some factors, like social media indicators did not exist at one point. However, now they influence your search engine ranking in a big way. Content profiles that spread across months and years are an asset because search engines consider them when ranking your website.
- Your competitors are doing it – “Remember, SEO is a never-ending process,” says Jason Bayless, Owner of BestSeoCompanies.com, a website which tracks and ranks the efficacy and service of many of the nation’s leading SEO providers. “If you’re not moving forward and improving your position, you’re losing ground to a competitor who is. That’s a simple fact of how the process works.” Don’t let your competitors out maneuver you by ignoring this valuable tool for your business.
So SEO will remain important to those who want to maintain their competitiveness on the internet. Websites will always compete for placement and attention. Those who have experience and knowledge in improving the ranking of their website are going to benefit from SEO’s ability to bring increased visibility and traffic.