We know together that Leukemia is one of the deadliest diseases, below we will talk about the Causes, Traits, and Treatment of Leukemia.
Leukemia is a type of cancer that affects the blood and bone marrow. Leukemia begins in cells in the bone marrow. Cells undergo changes and become a type of leukemia cell. Once marrow cells undergo leukemia changes, leukemia cells can grow and survive better than normal cells.
Causes of Leukemia
Until now, the cause of blood cancer is not known for certain, but there are several factors that are suspected to affect the frequency of blood cancer.
- Radiation. This is supported by several reports from several studies dealing with cases of blood cancer (Leukemia) that Radiologists more often suffer from blood cancer (leukemia), Patients with radiotherapy more often suffer from blood cancer (leukemia), Blood cancer (Leukemia) found in survivors of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan.
- Leukemogenic. Some chemicals have reportedly been identified to affect the frequency of blood cancers (leukemia), for example environmental toxins such as benzene, inustri chemicals such as insecticides, drugs used for chemotherapy.
- Hereditary. People with Down Syndrom have an incidence of acute leukemia 20 times greater than normal people.
- Virus. Some types of viruses can cause blood cancer (leukemia), such as retrovirus, feline leukemia virus, HTLV-1 in adults.
Characteristics of Leuchemical Sufferers
Symptoms of Blood Cancer (Leukemia) a condition that is inflicted are generally different among sufferers, but can generally be described as follows:
- Anemia. Sufferers will quickly tired, pale, and breathe fast(below-normal red blood cells cause less oxygen in the body, as a result sufferers breathe fast as compensation for the fulfillment of oxygen deprivation in the body).
- Bleeding. When platelet (blood clotting cells) are not produced properly because it is dominated by white blood cells, then blood cancer patients will experience bleeding in the skin tissue (the number of wide/small red flicks in the skin tissue).
- Got an infection. White blood cells act as a protector of endurance, especially against infectious diseases. In People with Blood Cancer (Leukemia), white blood cells formed abnormally (abnormal) so that it does not function properly. As a result, the patient’s body is prone to viral/bacterial infections, even by itself will reveal complaints of fever, white fluid coming out of the nose (snot) and coughing.
- Bone and Joint Pain. This is caused as a result of bone marrow being urged solid by white blood cells.
- Abdominal Pain. Abdominal pain is also an indication of the symptoms of blood cancer (leukemia), where leukemia cells can accumulate in the organs of the kidneys, liver, and bile, which causes enlargement of these organs of the body and the onset of pain. This abdominal pain can affect the loss of appetite of people with blood cancer (leukemia).
- Swelling of the Spleen Gland. People with blood cancer are most likely to experience swelling of the spleen gland, be it those under the arms, neck, chest, and others. The spleen gland is tasked with filtering the blood, leukemia cells can accumulate here and cause swelling.
- Difficulty Breathing (Dyspnea). People with blood cancer may show symptoms of difficulty breathing and chest pain, in the event of this, should get medical attention immediately.
Treatment of cases of Leukemia usually starts from symptoms that arise, such as anemia, bleeding and infection. In general, the treatment and treatment of Leukemia can be done in a single or combined way from the following methods:
- Chemotherapy/intrathecal medications
- Radiation Therapy. This method is very rarely used
- Bone marrow transplant
- Administration of tablets and injectable drugs
- Transfusion of red blood cells or platelets.
Therapi system that is often used in dealing with leukemia patients is a combination of Chemotherapy (chemotherapy) and the administration of drugs that focus on stopping the production of abnormal white blood cells in bone marrow. Furthermore, the treatment of some symptoms and signs that have been shown by the body of the sufferer with a comprehensive monitor.