Vitamin B Complex is a group of vitamins that play an important role in the body’s cell metabolism. Every part contained in vitamin B Complex provides important benefits for the body to remain in a healthy condition.
Vitamin B Complex is a vitamin that is water soluble and cannot be produced by the body, so it must be obtained from the intake of food consumed. The characteristic of this one vitamin is also that they cannot be stored properly in the body. Therefore, regular intake is highly recommended so that our body does not lack vitamin B Complex.
The following are the 8 main elements that make up vitamin B Complex, and the functions contained of each of these elements:
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine): serves to help the body’s cells produce energy, heart health, and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): serves to protect the body from cancer, prevent migraines, and cataracts.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin), beneficial for releasing energy from nutrients, helps lower cholesterol levels, reduce depression, and disorders of the joints.
- Vitamin B5 (Panthothenate Acid): helps the nervous system and metabolism, reduces allergies, fatigue, and migraines. It is important for the activity of the adrenal glands, especially in the process of hormone formation.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine): helps the production of red blood cells and relieves symptoms of hypertension (high blood pressure), asthma, and PMS.
- Vitamin B7 (Biotin): beneficial in the process of releasing energy from carbohydrates, nail formation, and hair.
- Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid): helps the development of the fetus, the treatment of anemia, and the formation of hemoglobin.
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamine): helps treat the nervous system and the formation of red blood cells.
Once we know some of the elements contained in vitamin B Complex, now let’s understand how the benefits of the vitamin for the body. Of course, the recommended intake for taking these B Complex vitamins varies by a person’s gender, weight, and age. Therefore, it is very important to consult this with a doctor or health expert to find out how far you need vitamin B Complex intake.
Based on research, vitamin B Complex is very useful to help overcome the symptoms of fatigue and stress. Adequacy of vitamin B Complex can help prevent growth slowness, anemia, visual impairment, nerve damage, and heart disorders. In fact, adequate intake of this vitamin is also used in some skin care and hair care products.
To get enough vitamin B Complex intake, you should start consuming regularly foods such as bread, grains, chickpeas, liver, meat, fish, eggs, and milk. Not only that, if you want to be practical, there are currently many drug stores that sell vitamin B Complex supplements. But still, it’s a good thing to consult it first with a health expert before consuming it.