This post is also available in: Indonesia
Photography and traveling have become a new lifestyle society. The camera is also one of the recommended items to carry while walking around. It’s a shame if you’ve visited an area but it’s not captured through photos. Especially for a photographer, cameras are their main weapon.
“To photograph is to hold one’s breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It’s at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy.”
– Henri Cartier-Bresson, The Mind’s Eye: Writings on Photography and Photographers –
In Indonesia, tropical climates are quite affecting the durability of the camera. Therefore, taking care of the camera is very important to keep the resulting photos good. In addition, you also do not need to spend additional money to repair and maintain the camera to the repair service.
Here are some general tips (because there are many types of cameras) that you can apply.
- Protect your camera from scratches, dust, water, and so on. For example you can use a screen protector to protect the LCD. If the LCD is scratched it will certainly greatly interfere with the display when viewing photos on the camera.
- Save the camera well. Pay attention to moisture so as not to overdo it as it can cause the camera to moldy. You can store your camera in a dry place such as a dry box or it can also be by using containers such as jars or tupperwear added silica gel. Silica gel is useful for absorbing moisture in the box. In addition to moisture, the camera should also not be exposed to direct sunlight. The camera has a standard temperature range and heat accumulation.
- Clean the camera whenever it is finished, especially after use on the beach. That’s because the sand on the beach contains salt that is corrosive to metal so it can rust the camera. Use special equipment to clean the camera that has usually been set up, such as blowers and wipes.
- Position the camera off when removing the battery and memory card,and when the camera is connected to the computer. That’s because in the camera there is a computer that can be damaged for a long time because it can not stand the sudden change in electric current.
- When using the camera, always hang your camera on your shoulders or in your hands to avoid the risk of falling.
- In case of damage to the camera do not tamper with it yourself. Bring it to the expert so that the damage does not get worse.
- Do not lend the camera to anyone who does not understand how to use the camera. If they want to borrow, teach them first so as not to be mistaken in using it.
- Do not carelessly touch the lens when hands are dirty.
So few tips on taking care of the camera. Take good care of your camera because the price of the camera is not cheap. Don’t let you regret buying a camera at a high price but it has not been used for a long time. Damage to the camera also affects the selling price of the camera. Then again, take care and take care of your camera. Happy capturing the moment on your journey!