“Crime can happen not only because there is the intention of the perpetrator, but the crime can also occur because there is an opportunity. Beware.. Beware.. Beware!”
– Bang Inmate
Evil will never disappear from the face of the earth. Crime can happen anywhere, anytime, to anyone, and in a variety of ways. Criminals are getting creative creating different ways to carry out their actions.
You have to be more careful, especially for those of you who are traveling. Common crimes include theft, pickpocketing, and harassment. You certainly do not want the trip to be disrupted because of the evil that befell you. There are several ways you can avoid crime, including:
- Before embarking on the journey, pray that it be protected and given salvation during the journey.
- Do not use or carry items that invite attention during the trip. Besides, act accordingly.
- Always check your luggage, if necessary a list of items that you bring. Sometimes we forget to bring any items and only wake up after arriving at the destination or home. When you use a suitcase or backpack, it’s a good idea to lock your bag. Whereas if you use a tote bag, you should hang it on your shoulders or neck and place it in the front position.
- Bring enough money and put money to pay for tickets, tickets, and so on in a place that is easy to reach. Avoid opening large bags in public places.
- Increase your alertness, don’t leave your mind blank. Always pay attention to your surroundings, if there is anything suspicious immediately move placed. Believe in your feelings of the danger. Often someone’s hunch is right. But if you have become a victim, immediately record the vehicle number, physical characteristics, and so on from the perpetrator. Then immediately ask for help by reporting to the local officer. Also, don’t hesitate to yell for others around you to know and be able to help chase the thief or pickpocket.
- Avoid quiet areas, especially at night. In addition, you should not travel alone, especially for a woman.
- Always bring communication tools and record important numbers in tourist destinations. Make sure your communication device has a pulse and the battery is always fully charged. You can bring a power bank just in case you run out of battery. Communication tools you can use to contact those closest to you as well as to contact the police.
- If you are going to use public transportation such as buses, angkot, and trains, you should avoid jostling. But if you have to, put your luggage on the front and always take care of your luggage. In addition, try not to stand near the entrance or exit because it is prone to being targeted.
- Be smart, don’t look stupid or tacky when in a crowd, especially if you get lost. To overcome that, before traveling you should study the area of your tourist destination. Understand the route to be traversed, understand the transportation that can be used, and so on. You can also download support apps like GPS to ease your journey.
I hope some of these tips can help you. May your journey be fun and avoid evil. Congratulations!