The latest Netflix series titled “3 Body Problem” is set to premiere on March 21, 2024. Let’s delve into the synopsis of “3 Body Problem” and its cast. Created, executive produced, and written by David Benioff, D.B. Weiss (Game of Thrones), and Alexander Woo (The Terror: Infamy, True Blood).
Table of Contents
“3 Body Problem” follows the story of a young woman from China in the 1960s who makes a decision with profound effects spanning across space and time to the present day. As the laws of nature unravel before them, a group of brilliant scientists collaborates with an unconventional detective to confront a looming threat capable of undermining human civilization.
3 Body Problem Synopsis
The synopsis unveils a video trailer released at the Consumer Technology Association (CES) 2024 event in Las Vegas, building tension as the narrative reveals that 30 scientists have died within a month. A countdown, written in blood, appears on the wall, and someone perceives the countdown in their vision.
The investigation unfolds to find the mastermind behind the murders, even though the suspect may be secretly observing every move of the police. The stellar cast includes Jovan Adepo, John Bradley, Rosalind Chao, Liam Cunningham, Eiza González, Jess Hong, Marlo Kelly, and Alex Sharp. Also featured are Sea Shimooka, Zine Tseng, Saamer Usmani, Benedict Wong, and Jonathan Pryce.
“We hope to convey the experience, especially the details, from the novel to the screen,” said creator Alexander Woo in an interview with TUDUM. “May what remains present be a sense of wonder and understanding of the scope and scale that this is no longer just an individual or national issue, but concerns the entire species.”
The cast includes characters and actors such as:
- Jess Hong as Jin Cheng, a member of the “Oxford Five,” a group of young Oxford scientists, a curious theoretical physicist.
- Jovan Adepo as Saul Durand, a talented member of the “Oxford Five,” an assistant research physicist facing a pivotal challenge.
- Eiza González as Auggie Salazar, a pioneer in nanotechnology dedicated to solving current problems, targeted by enemies of humanity.
- John Bradley as Jack Rooney, a member of the “Oxford Five,” using his physical prowess to expand a snack empire.
- Alex Sharp as Will Downing, a high school physics teacher whose life is overturned, forcing him to rethink his purpose.
- Zine Tseng and Rosalind Chao as Ye Wenjie, an astrophysics prodigy who feels alone in the world after the Cultural Revolution in China.
- Ben Schnetzer and Jonathan Pryce as Mike EvansRMIN, an environmentalist turned oil tycoon.
- Liam Cunningham as Thomas Wade, a charismatic leader of the world’s most elite intelligence operation.
- Marlo Kelly as Tatiana, born into Mike Evans’ organization, dedicated to welcoming outsiders in any way.
- Sea Shimooka as Sophon, an avatar in a mysterious VR game at an event.
- Saamer Usmani as Raj Varma, a navy officer committed to his work, with his relationship at risk due to his mission.
- Eve Ridley as Follower, a 9-year-old character encountered by Jin in a VR game.
Adapted from the sci-fi trilogy “The Three-Body Problem,” the series promises a layered mystery in the realm of science fiction. Executive producers include Rosamund Pike and Rian Johnson, with Derek Tsang and Andrew Stanton as directors and executive producers.